International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS)2013, Murdoch University, Australia
International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS)2013, Murdoch University Australia
For International Students International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) is availble.
International student who are interested and want to undertake a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Education (EdD) or Master by Research (MPhil) and includes tuition fees, health insurance premiums and a living allowance.
Scholarships are based on Merritt, Potential/or Research Experience . Applicants should possess an honors degree (at least upper second-class honors) or equivalent.
Deadline: 30 Sep 2013.
Proficiency Requirement : Applicant have to Provide English Language Proficiency evidence of having achieved Murdoch University English language proficiency requirements.These requirements are IELTS (International English Language Testing System) – 6.5 (no individual band less than 6.0) or TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language/ internet based) – Minimum score of 90 with no band less than 20. Exceptions include Nursing and Education which have an IELTS requirement of 7.0.
Applicants Ineligible for Scholarship:
- New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- International applicants who have completed a degree at the same or higher level.
- International applicants who have commenced the degree prior to 1 January and who are seeking an award commencing in the year starting 1 January unless the applicant can establish that they were unable to apply for an award commencing in the previous year.
- International applicants who are currently studying on a scholarship sponsored by AUSAID or have just completed study on such a scholarship. These students are required to return to their home country for at least one year before returning to Australia.
- Applicants who have held a Studentship previously, unless it was terminated within three months of the commencement of benefits.
- International applicants who are in receipt of another equivalent award, scholarship or salary to undertake the proposed study (an ‘equivalent’ stipend would be regarded as one greater than 75% of the base studentship stipend rate). Income earned from sources unrelated to the course of study is not subject to the 75% rule.
- Murdoch University provides a living allowance of AUD $26,200 per annum (2013 rate).
- Health Insurance.
- Travel and relocation costs.
- Access to a conference travel allowance once during the course of their degree.
The award is for a maximum of three years for PhD and EdD studies and two years for MPhil. An extension of up to 6 months may be granted for PhD candidates.
How to apply
You must indicate that you would like to be considered for IPRS on your International Student Application for Admission & Scholarship.
Deadline: 30 Sep 2013
For Further Information Visit www.murdoch.edu.au/Research-capabilities/Future-research-students/Admission-and-scholarships/International-student-scholarships/International-Postgraduate-Research-Studentship/