NED University Admissions 2011
NED University of Engineering and Technology announced the admissions for the year 2011. The admissions in bachelors programs basically falls in two schemes:
- Regular Scheme
- Self Finance Scheme
Availability of Prospectus and Admission Forms……………….29th August 2011
Last date of Submission of Forms…………………………………….18th October 2011 (upto 01:00 pm) (Extended)
Entry Test Date…………………………………………………………….22nd October 2011 (10:00 am) (Extended)
NED University offers the admissions in the following Bachelors Programs
4 Years Bachelor of Engineering Programme
- Civil Engineering
- Construction Engineering
- Urban Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Textile Engineering
- Industrial & Manufacturing Engineering
- Automotive Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Polymer & Petrochemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer & Information Systems Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Telecommunications Engineering
- Software Engineering
5 Years Bachelor of Engineering Programme
- Bio Engineering
- Medical Engineering
- Food Engineering
Five Years Bachelor Programme
Four Years Bachelor Programme
- Computer Science & Information Technology
- HSC (Pre-Engineering) or Equivalent Foreign Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with at least 60% aggregate Marks under Regular Scheme and Self Finance Scheme for all the above Programmes as mentioned above.
- HSC (Pre-Medical) or Equivalent Foreign Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Biology with at least 60% aggregate Marks under Regular Scheme and Self Finance Scheme – Only for Bio Engg., Medical Engg and Food Engineering Disciplines.
Admissions Form and Prospectus
The Prospectus and Application Form for Admission to the abovementioned University Programmes (BE/ BCIT & BArch) under both Regular & Self Finance Schemes will be available from Monday 29th August, 2011 from the NED University Branches of National Bank of Pakistan and Habib Metropolitan Bank Limited during bank timings, against cash payment of Rs. 1700/= (including Bank Charges). Candidates interested in applying for more than One Category, have to submit Separate Application Form for Each Additional Category. Additional Form can be purchased @ Rs. 300/- Each.
Application Form duly filled-in, completed in all respects and supported by all requisite Documents shall be received only in the Admission Centre of the University. The Last Date for Submission of Application Form is 18th October, 2011.
Drop box Facility will also be made available where the Admission Form will be received and Admit Card issued (only to the candidate) next day.Applications received either by Post or Courier at any time or delivered in Person after Banking hours shall not be entertained.
Pre-Admission Entry Test:
- All candidates seeking admission to this University under any Category of Admission are required to qualify the Pre-Admission Entry Test of this University which shall be of HSC level in the subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology, without any exception that is the First Basic Eligibility condition for Admission. Admissions shall be given strictly in order of Merit to be determined on the basis of Marks obtained in the Qualifying Examination.
- Foreigners and Overseas Pakistani may take SAT Examination and Passed in 2010 in lieu of Pre-Admission Entry Test in SAT-I and SAT-II in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology. The minimum score acceptable by this University as qualifying shall be 800 and 1500 in SAT-I and SAT-II respectively.
- The Pre-Admission Entry Test will be conducted at the NED University (Main Campus) on Saturday, the 22nd October 2011 at 10:00 am for which no Separate Notice shall be issued.
- Candidates failing to appear/pass the Entry Test (or SAT-I and SAT-II Examination) will automatically stand ineligible for Admission. No Exceptions shall be Permissible.
- Admit Card for Entry Test issued by the University must be produced by the Candidate at the time of entering University Premises for the Test.
- Sample Paper for Entry Test and Guidelines for answering the same will be provided with Each Application Form for Admission.
- The Entry Test is only qualifying examination to which no weightage is given – requirement only being getting at least 40% to be considered for admission.
- For ensuring transparency after completion of the Test, Answer Key will be available at University website: www.neduet.edu.pk on 8th October, 2011 at 12:10 Hrs.
- There is consequently no need for rechecking; each candidate can check his copy with the key. There is also no question of any grace marks.
Additional Marks For HAFIZ-E-QURAN:
For a Hafiz-e-Quran Candidate, 20 Marks are added in determination of Merit, subject to verification of the Authenticity of His/Her Claim by a Committee of the University whose decision shall be final. However, such candidate must apply in writing for additional Marks to the Registrar of the University along with Certified Copy of His/Her certificate (Sanad) before the Closing Date. The Hafiz-e-Quran Test will be conducted at the NED University (Main Campus) on 23rd October 2011 at 09:00 Hrs. for which no Separate Notice shall be issued.
i) The University shall NOT entertain any References made through either Verbal Communication or Telephonic Conversation.
ii) Candidates seeking admission in this University are advised in their own interest not to seek assistance from any political religious or ethnic groups setting up their booths outside the University.
iii) Whatever assistance or advice is needed can be obtained free of all obligations from the Help Desk set up in the Admission Block.
iv) The University shall not be responsible for any dealing pertaining to admission outside the Campus.
HSC (Pre-Engineering) or Equivalent Foreign Examination with
Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with at least 60% aggregate
Marks under Regular Scheme and Self Finance Scheme for all the above
Programmes as mentioned