National ICT Scholarship Program 2011
Scholarships for Pakistani Students:
National ICT R&D Fund is offering fully funded scholarships for talented students from rural/non-metropolitan areas of Pakistan with the objective to develop human resource capacity in ICT fields in Pakistan. The National ICT Scholarship Program 2011 (NICTSP 2011) will provide fully funded 4 year undergraduate degree scholarships in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) related disciplines in the top ICT universities of Pakistan, and hence enhance capacity in the best ICT related educational institutions.
This program is run with the financial collaboration of Public Sector Development Program (PSDP) of Government of Pakistan.
Please note the following regarding National ICT Scholarship Program (NICTSP) for this year:
- It is the responsibility of the interested students to stay informed about NICTSP participating university selection criteria, entrance exam dates and take the entrance exams for selected universities on their own to be potentially eligible for the scholarship. Due to shortage of time a modified scholarship program for the year 2011 will be conducted.
- Interested students who are from schools/colleges listed on this webpage should prepare for the entrance exam of participating universities of their choice on their own.
- This year there will be no “Training of Teachers” or “Foundation Training” of students.
- Also, no Teacher’s kits or Student’s kits will be prepared or provided to teachers and students respectively.
For year 2011 there will be no ICT Scholarship Award Test. Students are advised to take admission in Participating Universities, of their choice, on their own.
There is no Student Registration Form to be filled at this instance. Students are advised to ensure admission in one of the Participating Universities. Student Registration process shall be initiated later.
List of Participating Universities:
Currently, following universities have provided their consent to participate in the National ICT Scholarship Program 2011.
- National University of Computer & Emerging Sciences (NU-FAST)
- University of Engineering & Technology, Lahore
- University of Engineering & Technology, Taxila
- University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar
- Mehran University of Engineering & Technology, Jamshoro
- COMSATS Institute of Information Technology
- Institute of Business Administration, Karachi
- Institute of Business Administration, Sukkur
- International Islamic University, Islamabad
- Pakistan Institute of Engineering & Applied Sciences (PIEAS), Nilore, Islamabad
- Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
- GC University, Lahore
- Hamdard University, Karachi
- The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
- GIK Institute of Science & Technology, Topi
- Balochistan University of IT, Engineering & Management Sciences
[For Fall 2011 Semester only]
- Passed or appeared in F.Sc. Examination with Mathematics and Physics in 2010 or 2011.
- Obtained 60% or above marks in your Matriculation (Science Group) examination.
- Attended F.Sc. classes as a regular student from a School/College registered with National ICT R&D Fund.
- Applicant must have secured admission in one of the Participating Universities.
- Applicant must also fulfill the merit requirements set forth by National ICT R&D Fund.
- Meet certain financial criteria – be financially deserving.
Note: Interested students should not wait for the registration form and pursue registration and try to secure admission into “Participating Universities”. Comprehensive eligibility criteria will be listed in student registration form/scholarship application form. A “Student Registration Form/Scholarship Application Form” would be placed on the website soon.
0324 528 7893
0341 517 8798
0305 588 4499
0331 589 7807
(Monday to Friday,
9:00am to 1:00pm)